Bollywood and the Indian fashion scene are two tightly intertwined threads, both of which cannot exist without each other. Bollywood inspires fashion in every nook and cranny of India, right from high-street to college campuses, while the runways of top designers inspire Bollywood styles, both on and off screen. Here’s a look at the top five Bollywood trends that are making it big this season-
1. The Vidya Balan “Bengali Damsel” Look- Vidya Balan is one actress who has revolutionized the way sarees are worn in India like no one else could. Her charm lies in the fact that she has hit a goldmine with the perfect look for her body type, and has remained loyal to it ever since. Her look is all about sticking to basic Bengali sarees, and accessorizing them with striking jewelry and make up. And oh, how can we miss the alluring deep backs!
2. Aishwarya’s “Red Carpet” Panache- Aishwarya Rai is the hands-down ambassador of the Indian saree abroad. Even though she might be going through a bad phase as far as her body weight is concerned, there’s no stopping her from representing India on the red carpet like no one else does. Whether it was the gorgeous fuchsia polka dots saree that she wore to the National awards, or her Sabyasachi saree at Cannes, she manages to create waves with whatever she wears.
3. Sonam Kapoor’s Super Chic and Savvy Style- Calling Sonam Kapoor the youth icon of the Indian fashion industry would not be an overstatement. She has graced nearly all magazine covers, and has been at the top of countless “best dressed” lists. She believes in keeping it chic and graceful with high-necks, long-sleeves, and designer blouses being a staple in her wardrobe.
4. Kareena Kapoor’s Young Yet Regal Statement- If there’s one actress who can sport just about anything, and still look like the very embodiment of perfection. She manages to give a sultry edge to her outfits, while still keeping it classy. The sheer gold, blue, and red saree that she wore to the 3 Idiots premiere is still etched in the minds of fashionistas across the country.
5. Keeping It Sassy- Genelia D’Souza- Genelia D’Souza redefined wedding fashion as she tied the knot with Ritesh Deshmukh in a resplendent traditional wedding. Her bright red saree with Pathani drapes and a kundan border makes it to number five on our collection.