The opulence and charm of Indian heritage is depicted best by the ancient times. The remarkable era that witnessed the chiselled kings and their amiable queens governing the country will always be an inspiration for the present and future generations. A major insight from the era has been now shimmering across the generation. Youth are taking a step ahead and dressing the way the Mughals used to do. Being the most popular couple from the era – Jodha Akbar, have been termed as an icon for youth. If you are too planning to have a Jodha Akbar inspired wedding, there is a lot for you in this post.
For dressing like Jodha Akbar, nothing could be more inspiring than the cult Indian TV series Jodha Akbar that is running currently over Zee TV. The mesmerising couture, grandeur jewellery and sparkling accessories together make the lead characters look alive. The show where Jodha is played by Paridhi Sharma and Akbar by Rajat Tokas, has managed to grasp the audiences from all ages, thanks to their larger than life depiction of characters. Here are some tips that we have managed to draw from the look adorned by the lead characters playing Jodha Akbar.
How To Look Alluring & Gracious As Jodha:
- The royal era was known best for classic apparels with maximum gruffness. To look as amiable as Jodha, opt for stiff and guff fabrics like organza, velvet, brocade and tussar silks.
- Heavily embellished lehengas with equally embellished cholis is what you need to wear for the D-day. Get embroidery done with zari, mirrors, wide gota patti, swarovski, patch work and quality stones.
- Team up the royal apparel with an embellished net base dupatta that is in contrasting tones as compared to the ensemble. If you are a avid show watcher, you must have noticed how Jodha Bai manages to splendour charm with dupatta and ensemble in combination of green, orange, yellow, pink, bottle green, red, maroon and fuchsia to name a few.
- Complete your look with heavy kundan jewellery. Do not forget to adopt the solha singaar that once were a part of bride’s ensemble. Accessorise your look with graceful Punjabi juttis and potli bags tucked across your waist.
How To Look Chiselled & Splendid As Akbar:
- Grooms mostly wear sherwanis on their wedding day but not all could carry the deadly looks that Akbar (portrayed by Rajat Tokas) has. Wearing a royal sherwani that has fine embellishments and has inspiration from the mughal embroidery are required here.
- A stole that has elements comprising zardosi and stones, when worn with one end over the shoulder and other tucked in the arm, you would yourself feel the pride that a king holds.
- Accessorizing the look rightly will add the needed renaissance of Mughal era. Adorn a Rajasthani pagadi in deep colours to look majestic as Akbar. Complete the look with some pearl necklaces and raja haars. Juttis that are inspired from Jaipuri art would look splendid with the attire.
We believe that marriage is a duly remarkable event for anyone. To make sure everything gets solemnised just the way it is supposed to be, we bring our Jodha Akbar inspired collection for adding a little contribution in making your D-day, a day that could be cherished forever.